Michigan Life

A lot has happened since I flew frm m'sia to Michigan...but i havent had time to jot them down online...

Aug 22nd : Arrival in Detroit Airport, a few friendly seniors and MSD (M'sian Student Dept) officers came to receive us...I and Meichen bunked at senior Shikin's room..Shikin is a kind senior doing engineering who cooked great fried rice and delicious sandwiches !

Aug 23rd: Seniors drove us to Meijers ( a big supermarket to buy groceries, clothes, food, stationeries,etc , like a big Giant)

Aug 24th :Finally allowed to move in...my dorm is BaitsII, in north campus, my double room is pretty spacious and it was cleaned and mopped before my arrival...very comfy to live in...but the hallway is empty and there was noone to help us move in...Meichen and I helped each other to move our big luggage which d seniors helped drove to the front door with lorries they found (thank you so muchhh)

My roommate moved in on her own on Aug 29th ( i was busy going for my academic peer advising session and choosing my courses in school that i dint helped her,,,,soo guilty)

She is Kathlyn, a pretty chinese gal frm California who played the badminton very good...she is very nice and considerate to my messy behavior in room, ha!

Today is my 1st day of class, my 1st lesson------Japanese!
the lecturer is a young japanese guy...very nice and professional but his english got a bit accent of japanese..i like d class a lot. Hope I can do well in the language, looks fun..

There is even a gal giving out chewing gums to greet us a happy first day in school...

Got to go dining hall for my lunch now, will try to find time to write more..

No comments:

Post a Comment