Passion for your Profession

"Get to know the people you work with. You can be shoveling sh*t for a living, but if you are doing it with people that you like, you are gonna love it." - Professor Rubadeau, legendary English professor in Univ. of Michigan.

I have a very simple routine every day now.
Zumba -> make lunch -> shower -> work -> study -> viral videos browsing -> sleep

No crazy weekends, no bubble tea/game nights, no midnight pillow talks, no dramathons.

I have to admit, the highlight of my day is learning all the new tricks that I can do with Excel and other softwares at work. I love basking in all the brilliance, enthusiasm and warm support from the people around me. Work can be stressful and challenging at times, but each hurdle overcome is just another milestone, giving testimonial to my efforts.

The darker side of the coin? Time flies by so quickly that I fear missing out on all the other stuffs that I have given up. Adventures out in the nature, connecting with my kawan-kawan, contributing to my nation in person, being there - physically for my family, sharing my life with an earnest companion who shares my values...

Is this what all of us have to struggle with?
Devoting our time and efforts for professional development, and let life pass us by?
I am trying my best to strike a balance, but we all know that being adroit is not my forte...

If I can't be a good Malaysian citizen, may I be an okay global citizen. Go go weekday/all-week vegetarianism~ Go go volunteerism~ Go go environmental conservation~

Happy birthday Mother Earth, and my beloved Mommy ^-^
I am who I am, only because you have always been there to inspire me and support me.

2 comments:

  1. I always like your blog posts! I can feel what you felt with your words.it's so genuine. thank you for your kind words and advice to us all the time! Love and miss you always!

    ReplyDelete