Another year older

Yup, another year older, yet none the wiser.

Fate has been kind, although I am alone in a foreign land, I was not alone on my 22nd birthday (relishing the privilege to admit my age that might be lost soon). My lovely sister has flown all the way from Ohio to celebrate my birthday.... and leech of me for a couple of weeks in summer.

So, my day started off as a mundane work day. But my awesome co-interns joined me in trying out exotic Thai food in Thai Basil Restaurant(famous for great lunch specials, my choice) and gave me a surprise gift (cute card and a Cheesecake Factory gift card). It was fun to see some of them trying out Thai food for the first time in their lives. Life is an adventure every day, indeed.

Then, met up with SueYen (traveled 45 minutes from Brandeis), my sister and my housemates to go for a huge Italian dinner at Maggiano's Little Italy. Great food, great atmosphere, humungous portions, and the waitress added candles to our Tiramisu. Got flowers, and clutch bag from me sister as gifts. The whole gang went to North Station to see SueYen off her 10.50pm train. Played "Guess what I am thinking of" for the whole waiting time. Really miss playing random board games...

Ended my day with a second "cake-cutting" ceremony, with a cute house-fragrance-candle substitute and a fruit pie.

By the way, I had another very be-earlied birthday gift from Malaysia, thanks SuPeng!

Well, what do you know, life is full of surprises. I only pray that with age, I gain better skills to handle these surprises.


3 comments: