First Time in Japan

After arriving in Tokyo Narita Airport last Saturday afternoon, this is me, Peiying and Meichen's 6th day in Japan.

Mei Chen and I are assigned to Cour de Reve, a dormitory in Ijiri, Fukuoka for 4 weeks before moving to our host family for home stay program. The ryoobo (dorm mother) is really kind and the dorm food (breakfast and dinner) are simply delicious despite the omnipresent rice. Our rooms are very compact and well furnished, a bed with a thin mattress, internet, a small fridge, a toilet complete with bathtub and an air-con !('0') I love my room. One downside though, is that the dorm is 45-50 minutes away from our classes...

Peiying is placed in another dorm, nearer to our campus, 30 minutes away by foot. Condition, yet to be investigated, but Peiying loves it ^__^

Our classes, my 802 Food and Agricultural Economics of Japan is slightly slow in pace, as usual, I am dozing off in class occasionally...but MC and PY's 801 Modern Japan in the Pacific Times or sth has a great reputation of being cool and fun.

Japanese language classes, for us are very challenging, endless vocabulary to be remembered and for me, search in the dictionary...

Wondering if I should get an electronic dictionary... $230 like that for a sharp, got traveller's dictionary for Spanish, Italian, German, French, Chinese, Korean; Oxford English-Japanese dictionary, Japanese dictionary etc...I hate the fact that it's powered by AAA batteries...can't they make them like ipods and mp3s that run on USB power or sth ???

Met my host parents today, they are super super friendly people !!! So kind that they overwhelmed the three of us ^__^ I am really really thankful to be placed as their host student.
They also gave me a huge box of Japanese snacks to share with my friends. Delicious but not as delicious as Hueyshann's pineapple tarts (as noted by Peiying)

Got to go research on our weekend getaway...where to go ah???

Besides, I think the clothes and shoes here are overpriced, overly laced, too flowery, too expensive, too 'auntie', and the shoes only got S, M, and L sizes =___=

So, nothing to kill my wallet yet...

1 comment: