Memory overwriting

Have you ever feel that a scent brought you back to a memory in the past?
The Hazeline scent brought me back to my secondary school era...
An apple-like soap scent can bring me back to Akasia...
But for some reason, the second time I smell that scent...I can no longer go back...
Apparently the previous memory has been overwritten...T_T....

Does our memory really overwrite itself?
I miss our Orlando trip, the fun, the leisure, the excitement, even the pain in our legs...
I yearn to go back to the land where dreams come true, where there is no today, just tomorrow and yesterday...but will I find what I'm looking for? Or will it just destroy all that I have...

I miss my National Service stint, going to shower in a sarong with my 'sisters', pillowtalks, boring character building classes, oily but tasty meals, the mosquitoes bites, the starry nights, the starless night, the silliness, the craziness...
But I shall never be able to return, for return will only give that one instant of reminiscence, and my mind will only record all that I feel during my second visit...
Just like the fire that lit and gave the matchselling girl a fleeting image of a warm, safe home...

I want to keep everything...in my heart...before I turn senile and forget who I am...
God, give me strength to eternalize all that I love and cherish...though I understand that nothing lasts forever...

I am a greedy mortal, forever asking for the impossible...but that is I...
A girl who knows the reality but never wanting to give up her silly dreams.

~Dream with me?~

No comments:

Post a Comment