Still kicking at a quarter century

Here's to remember the recent milestones in my life.

I just had a very memorable birthday celebration chowing down Malaysian food, singing karaoke with my pals. It felt great knowing that I have found family away from home, people to share my life, my quirky hobbies, and vision to make a difference through volunteering with.

Thank you guys, for the heart-warming birthday wishes, and genuine concern for my well-being. I have nothing more to ask for with you guys around. I just hope I could give more back because your presence has enriched me so much.

By the way, my estranged grandfather passed this morning, may his soul rest in peace. 
If there's anything he has taught me, it is that material wealth is never worth a family war. Nonetheless, he made his own fortune, against all odds and in very difficult post-war times. Despite all his misgivings and the pain he inflicted on us, it's all in the past, I will always remember him as the great entrepreneur, kind grandfather figure in his adorable stubbornness and the days I imagined having with a Santa Claus-like old man.

I pray that his departure will finally release everyone from all the past conflict and reunite the family in love and forgiveness. 

Moving to my second quarter of a century, I pray for more courage and perseverance to continue the path of righteousness and compassion. Life is no longer a to-do list, but a "do or die" journey where each moment could be our last. No regrets, no waiting, no perhaps. 

 "No guts, no glory.
No pain, no gain."

No comments:

Post a Comment