Impact

Today, a huge meteor impacted my world. My darling Miss Violetcraze has touched down in Boston to wreak further havoc.

First stop, Xi3 Lin2 Men2 (Happiness arriving at your door) DimSum restaurant, with my housemate and hundreds of other consumers.

Under some shopaholic's virus' influence, we shopped from 1pm to 7pm, until our legs called us to stop at a Spanish bar on Newbury street. The $5 tapas all night sign did her magic too.

So, two cute girls settled at the bar, asked for some recommendations from a very cute bartender, and ordered 2 tapas - garlic shrimp and omelette espagniola, and a "fire margarita".

The "fire margarita" earned her reputation, it was very very spicy, spicier than the Yeok Gea Jung(Korean spicy hotpot dish) that Sueyen and I had in Allston last week (which was cautioned against by a Korean waitor who tried to verify my identity as a Korean to make sure that we had the spiciness tolerance). I had to eat half a piece of bread with each sip, very bad recommendation (-.-|||)

To avoid overconsumption of bread, smart me thought of drinking the spicy sh*t in large gulps to minimize oral torment, which, coupled with my hunger, caused the alcohol to shoot straight up to my head. It was the first time I felt tipsy without even finishing my first drink.

Then after stuffing myself with more bread and food, having a fun time catching up with Miss Violet, and reenacted my giggling phase for a few minutes, we left the bar, very soberly, to our next stop, Penang.

We ate prawn noodles, which was amazing, and an obligated side order of Penang Satay Tofu - Fried Tofu with Pasambur sauce and cucumber (minimum $8 order per head ==).

Then a night's rest before our quest to conquer the Freedom Trail.





2 comments: