@Changi Again

Short summary of my trip home:



1. Ate a lot of Malaysian food at the best kept secret food capitol, Batu Pahat, but lost passion for food due to unknown reasons, maybe food just lost its magic. Decided that the 'sole food for my life' shall be - anything filling.



2. Met a lot of old friends, friendship stands still, despite distance and time, the warmth I found remained as I remember them. But people changed in so many different ways, mostly marvelous changes that surprised me.



3. Shopped a lot. There are sales everywhere in Malaysia, constantly! Learnt to shop with a purpose, a.k.a item hunting shopping technique, which proved to be a more effective and bountiful way of shopping.



4. Had many heart-to-heart talks. Found so much support and advice, yet concluded that I am still in the middle of a thick mist, only time may show where I am headed to.



5. Gained a few pounds due to coach potato habit, eat, lie down, sleep, watch TV, eat some more, sleep. Exact weight gain unknown.



6. The short escape from civilisation "internet" was ...interesting. I thought the loss would be unbearable, inconceivably excruciating, whereby many shall miss my presence online and I will lose timely contact with significant persons which shall lead to painful regrets, evidently these were nonsensical imagination and I survived.

7. Had another round of packing practice. Fortunately my luggages passed the weight limit despite the lack of wise council about 'necessities'.

8. Watched 2 great movies, at prices so much lower than AA's. Angels and Demons, and Terminator 4. Terminator 4 was surprisingly great. Best of the whole series. Loved the cast and the plot. Enjoyed the movie a lot better since the first Terminator movie was aired the night before. A&D was a remarkable modification of the novel. The flow was as breathtaking as the book.

I am glad I came home this summer. Even though I am not sure if I had brought back my entire heart.

Mom and Dad, I love you, truly.

2 comments:

  1. i also lose passion for food due to unknown reason.. all the best for your intern.. take care.. yn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuiyo, I come back Msia, you leave Msia. I just reached home at 3pm on June 5th. :) I forgot how hot it is during my 18 years of life in Msia. :P Anyways, all the best with intern k? :D

    ReplyDelete