My 21st Year as a human


Birthday cake Birthday Girls Fukuoka Tower w/ bday girl


Drinking Buddies Sushi restaurant


Today is my 21st birthday. No surprise cakes, no midnight countdown, just me and my Japanese homework (listening to a Jpop song and taking down the lyrics), and "One Love" by Arashi.

Peiying called me to greet me Happy Birthday... I didn't recognize her sweet voice, hehe, paiseh.

Then woke up and dressed up a lil bit in my better clothes among the few I brought here. Usual sweltering hot weather, disparaging JL class, super funny J-pop culture class. Then, MC, PY, YunnQing and Wawa and I went to a Kaiten Sushi Restaurant MC's prof recommended. The sushi was good, and price was reasonable. I left with a super full stomach and my wallet short of $6.20.

Then wandered around in Tenjin (shopping district in Fukuoka, Japan) and entered a super expensive mall, boldly windowshopped in Prada store and asked for the price of a bag, which was about 800 USD. It wasn't even pretty >_<|||

Tried to get to Fukuoka Tower to meet WeiWen and KeLan who had their birthdays yesterday and this friday respectively to get free admission to the observation deck and free birthday cake.
Waited for sunset in the deck, to be efficient, started doing homework for JL class...

The cake were two disappointing slices of fruit cake and we had to pay $3 for entering the cafe after 6pm...Rushed back to meet up with my drinking buddies at the dorm...was late for more than half an hour due to miscalculation of time, traffic jam, lack of stamina to run 1km, etc...mainly my stupidity and carelessness...

So, dear drinking buddies (Meichen, Bobby and Jobi) who had to wait more than an hour for a drink...I am the worst bday girl ever...

After waiting for another two drinking buddies who were lost on the wrong platform (Nikki and Nina), we went to a nearby bar/restaurant to eat the bday cake my host okaasan gave and have a drink to celebrate. We had colorful fruit wine, lime, peach, lemon, apple, and oolong tea ^__^
I had a great time chatting to all my drinking buddies.

Returned home to see lovely orchids and necklace from my Okaasan, touched till wordless, haha.

Thanks a great bunch for being there with me for my 21st bday.

2 comments:

  1. i remembered the day you were born , pretty vividly...and now you're 21? god i sound like an old hag. happy birthday sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very belated birthday... i'm not good with birthdays, facebook is my way of checking birthdays and i haven't logged on for ages. anyway, glad that you enjoyed your birthday.

    btw, when will you guys be back?

    ReplyDelete